sortie ucs
statut monde
Etat des serveurs FR
Sirannon Sirannon

Ebauche de tutoriel sur les Points SDAO.

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

Ebauche de tutoriel sur les Points SDAO.

Message par Buvette le Mer 1 Mar - 0:48

This article is an almost straight to the point "how to be a decent free to play LOTRO newbie" guide.
In LOTRO, you can either play for free, or pay for it, one way or another.

If you choose to play for free*
*and that you already have access to an internet connected computer with the downloaded version of the game properly installed on said computer.
And then that you have some more time to spare to spend it on playing this game, hoping to enjoy it with friends. It's an MMO after all.
You'll still have to pay for it at some point. Time is money, and you will probably spend some of it to get ingame content.

First obvious paying method would be paying with real world currencies like dollar or euro.

These currencies are usually called money, and it doesn't come cheap.
You could get some for time spent earning it by using your available time to do various things such as:
Building houses, crafting furnitures, cooking in a restaurant or serving meals at a diner.
Growing food and selling your production to people. Writing books, drawing and painting, dancing or playing music. Be creative!
Inventing stuff to save the world is a good option if you are in the genious industry.
If you are not lucky enough to be in the previous category, which is the case for most of us, bringing peace to the world, is another possibility.
Being a trooper in the military, falls under exceptionnaly bad luck or poor choices categories, and we could reasonably doubt that this activity is actually efficient to bring peace anywhere.
While being Miss America - although the risks are quite different - would find its place in the exceptionnaly lucky choices category, and it discriminates male gender people, half the population.
If you picked that occupation, good for you! Who am I to judge, even if I still think this one is rigged.
Robing a bank is clearly not a good idea as it would be illegal in most places. Be a police officer instead, or a lawyer. Anyway, avoid being sent to prison, you'd make only poor connections there.
And you need to be connected to play LOTRO.
These activities are commonly called jobs, and they might not be available when you need it the most.
All these jobs might not bring you an equal amount of money for the time you spent on them.

Why wouldn't you pay real life earned money to play?
You could for instance pay a monthly fee for almost unlimited access to the game.
Almost? would you ask then: Because many content will remain locked until you pay a little more for it.
Expansions aren't indeed included in the basic game, but you only have to pay for it once each.
And why wouldn't you pay some money to support the producers, all the people creating this game. Why not, would I answer, if you can afford it.
Devs don't feed from gratitude only, but it certainly helps keeping them motivated to create better content.
Also keep in mind that "free" players participate to the ingame life, maintaining its activity and that they eventually could pay at some point.
Reducing the population would probably also lead to decreasing potential future incomes to only the few "rich and powerfull" that agree to pay money now, until not enough people could participate and the servers shutdown.
This would ruin the game life. I'm glad the studio didn't go this way, yet.

There's some reasons to play for free. In some cases, you don't have access to a credit card, because you are too young to get one and even get a bank account.
Or you prefer to spend your earned money on other stuff.
Or you just want to try this game some guy told you it was so great, with an amazing community, you want to check that yourself rather than taking it for granted but you wouldn't spend cash on it before tasting a sample. Fair enough.
If you are unemployed, that'll leave you plenty of time to play, and a good reason to read what follows next.
But first, go clean your room and finish your homework! Once it's done, get that cat off the keyboard, sit - get the cat off that chair - sit again, grab a mouse and launch the game!
It was about time: Let's start!

Is it your first time? I promise, it won't hurt. Not that much. No pain, no gain, but I'll try to be gentle.

You should first create an account : A name and a password, associated to a valid email address.
Choose a complicated enough password that no one would guess without being you, and you keep it for yourself.
Keep it in mind too that no one else - but you - will ever need this password. Not even customer services.

Next, you have to choose a server.
Some pretend to be "RP", role-play oriented, others are full of normal people.
You can "RP" on non RP servers, but don't expect most people to understand what you're trying to do when you write three lines of text in the middle of a combat against a mob (monster, called mob like in "mobile" character that can move freely in an area, as opposed to a "static" that wouldn't escape a predefined path or even that would just stay put) just to ask if you can get a date with that pretty NPC.
Non Playable Character: the characters in the lotro world that aren't handled by a human player.
Characters handled by human players are sometimes called PC, for player character.
So PC are handled by human players, and NPC are handled by computers called server (that are PC as in Personnal Computer). Confusing I know.
You will encounter some gibberish jargon here and there, but you should get to understand it pretty fast.
Ususally, we call the game installed on the player's computer "Client", and the computer that manages all the monsters, critters, NPCs (plural of NPC) and all interactions with or between players is called server.

One server is RP-Encouraged - tagged "RE", called Landroval. I like this concept:
Some people will enjoy doing RP but won't bully those who don't, and those who don't, well, they don't, nothing changes for them as far as they respect each others.

Some tags will ask you to speak a specific language - such as French, mostly used by people in France and Belgium and a few from Québec.
This server is called Sirannon and is now the last of French speaking servers.
The "DE" tag stands for Deutsch (german language). The "EN" tag stands for English language.

Some servers are tagged US (stands for "United States"), others EU (as in "Europe").
The only reason to consider this EU/US tag is if you want to transfer one character from a server to an other one.
You can not transfer a character from an EU server to an US server, neither from an US server to an EU server.
If transfering a character is possible from a server to an other one, it is not free usually.
The price is steep, for a one way trip of only one character, and there is no discount whatsoever for moving a bunch of them.
Anyway, you are able to play on any server, some have special rules, but you can play on them if you wish to do so.

So you picked up what seems to be the best server of all, whichever it was, congratulations!

But you didn't even create your first character and might feel overwhelmed with superfluous information already. Be aware, there is even more to come!
If you read the JRR Tolkien book "the lord of the rings" or maybe watched the movies, this will maybe give you an idea of what race and class you want to play.

What race and class is the best? Which ones should I pick? I will certainly not answer that first question, but I may try to answer the latter.
Beornings will be Beornings; they can be male or female.
You will not be able to pick this one up until you unlock it with LOTRO Points. More on these LOTRO Points later.
Dwarves will be Champion, Guardian, Hunter, Minstrel or Rune-Keeper; there are only male dwarves.
Elves will be Champion, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper or Warden; they can be male or female.
Hobbits will be Burglar, Guardian, Hunter, Minstrel, or Warden; they can be male or female.
Humans will be anything but Beorning and Rune-Keeper; they can be male or female.

Like the Beorning class (and race), the Rune-Keeper and Warden classes aren't available unless you unlock them with LOTRO Points.
I suggest for a player who intends to play for free (at least for the first few weeks, if not longer) to go for a hunter, as they have some class dedicated skills that allow them to move fast.
Travelling in Middle-Earth is a really nice experience until you realize that it takes hours of gameplay.
If only you had access to these fast-travel horses found in stables to port you from here to there in one click!
The hunter can do that, for free, and bring the whole party in the mean time. Yeah! Definitely go for hunter as a free to play newbie.
Plus it's easy to play, your main role being pew! pew! pew! Mob down, get the loot, get the experience, rinse and repeat.
It will leave you plenty of time to consider critical questions such as "Would Middle-Earth still exist if hobbits weren't there to save it?"
As a hobbit, that's what I'd ask myself I guess. Because, yes, you chose to be a hobbit! First of all, they are cute. Not that cuteness matters at all, but still.
"Why didn't I choose to be an elf!" you suddenly ask when somebody tells you that these guys have a permanent +5% damage bonus for using bows at level 25.
So you decide to go back and create and elf instead. Good!

Now you are in the tutorial instance. You are alone in there, no other player could help you. Be brave, you can do it!
Next time that you'll create a new character, you will maybe check that box on the character creation screen to avoid that.
There are four different tutorials, one by race, not mentioning the beornings'.
At the end of this tutorial, you then will be sent in the introduction instance, where you will be able to meet other player characters, maybe.
Do your things, quests and stuff, end it with another solo instance. Then expect to be ported to Celondim, small elf village, south of Ered Luin.

This village is situated in a region connected to the actual Middle-Earth, where you will be able to meet every player character that is not in the tutorial or the introduction instances.
Now things are getting serious, mobs will probably attack you on sight, and be carefull.
They are no match for you, until they become too many and you fall under pressure.
It's too bad you didn't reach level 20 without being defeated. You missed this title that'd be so great for an elf.

After this sad event and a fast respawn, you're checking that you didn't lose anything. No, you didn't, not even a single experience point. How great is that?
You quickly feel better and decide it's time to take a break and explore some more features, like crafting, why not. This could be nice.
If sometimes crafting is boring - I guess it depends on people's state of mind and mood - it is essential.
No matter what you'd like to be, go for the Explorer vocation.
It will allow you as a forester to gather wood and as a prospector to mine and dig for ore.
You then will be able to treat these raw materials, even treating hides you've got from beasts like wolves or bears.
Last but not least, as a tailor, you'll be able to craft cloaks, light and medium armours, and some special class items.
Being a skilled craftsman will require some patience, and sometimes it's frustrating: Why those hides are dropped by these dreadful critters 50 levels above yours?
Maybe you could ask on the /trade channel if some more experienced character could help you with that.
Or maybe crafting could wait that you level a little bit more, joining some party with total strangers on the /LFF channel.
LFF stands for "looking for fellowship", a fellowship being a full six characters group, a small fellowship having only three of them.

There you go, a weird looking dwarf just invited you to join him and and his kinmate for a hunt.
They have some deeds to complete in Ered Luin, including some exploration. "Deeds? Kinmate?" may you ask.
A kin is a player community, often called guilds on other plans of existence. They have their own chat channel, and that's almost all about it I have to say, at least for now.

"Let's go!" Everything goes so fast now, mobs don't even realize what's happening to them that they already dropped their stuff in your inventory.
Why didn't you group with others sooner? It's even better when you can chat with this dwarf who doesn't seem to notice your elven looks, neither does his kinmate.
"Would Middle-Earth still exist if elves weren't there to save it?" You suddenly want to ask. Don't. He's a dwarf and things are going too well to ruin it all with political views.
"Would Middle-Earth still exist if elves weren't there to save it?" His kinmate asks. Be carefull, it's a trap! Just pew!pew!pew things a little more and see what happens.
"Ha! Ha! Ha!" The dwarf answers. "Middle-Earth wouldn't have to be saved if elves didn't come there in the first place!" He adds.
Told you! Just politely laugh too, revenge is a dish best served cold. Anyway, "Middle-Earth wouldn't exist anymore if hobbits weren't there to save it!".

Oh! Something new just happened.
"Hey guys! I just received 5 LOTRO Points!"
"Yeah, GG!"
"Is that any good?"
"This one seems pretty new, should we tell him?"
"Tell what guys?"
"Well, will he be able to stand the ugly truth?"
"Wait! What? What ugly truth"
"Listen to me carefully, Elven Hunter. We are not really hunting, we are farmers."
"Farmers? And to farm, you have to kill mobs? What's wrong with this game?"
"We farm LOTRO Points, because it's the cheapest way to get almost all the content in the game for free. Are you in?".
"Wait! Wait! Wait! Your kinmate said something about some ugly truth".
"You now can call us by our names, Elven Hunter".
"Not as long as you'll call me Elven Hunter, dude"
"Fair enough. The ugly truth is that you will probably never reach level 30."
"What? Is it because I'm a free to play player?"
"Certainly not, you could be level 105 in a few weeks even as a free to play. And I'm not a dude."
"Oops, my bad, I'm not used to meet chicks on the internet, I'm sorry"
"Get over it, the rule "there is no girl on the internet" is obsolete"
"I just said that I was sorry!"
"..."
"She doesn't answer anymore?"
"She went link dead."
"Do you mean that she's not connected anymore? Is it because of me or what I said, calling her a dude?"
"No don't worry, it happens sometimes."
"Ok guys, I'm back!"
"wb"
"Hello again; I said I was sorry but you went off"
"Yes, I saw that. Don't worry, I'm used to it."
"So you said it was not because I'm a free to play player that I wouldn't be able to level my character over level 30."
"Indeed. It's because if you start farming LOTRO Points like we do, you will erase your character around level 21 or 22."
"And do that again and again, to get as much LOTRO Points as you could, beyond what you possibly can imagine!"
"WOW!"
"No! Not WOW, much better!"
"What would it take for me to try?"
"It takes patience and some training, nothing more."
"OK, I'm in!"

To be continued...

Dernière édition par Buvette le Mer 1 Mar - 6:38, édité 7 fois (Raison : Typos)
Buvette
Invité
Invité

Feuille de personnage
personnage principal: Buvette
reroll:
Classe principale: Cambrioleur

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: Ebauche de tutoriel sur les Points SDAO.

Message par Buvette le Mer 1 Mar - 1:03

J'en avais un peu marre de recevoir des emails, automatiques peut-être, de la part des aigles, qui me rappelaient que je n'avais pas d'activité sur le forum.

Du coup je me suis dit que ce serait plutôt pas mal de poster ici le petit tutoriel qui devrait faire un peu moins de 629 pages. À graver en runes elfiques ça va être sympa, surtout avec inserts de mithril.

Oui, je rédige en anglais, mais ce n'est que temporaire, je ferai une version française, parce que, après tout, pourquoi pas. En plus le français étant ma langue maternelle, ça ne devrait pas me poser de problèmes majeurs.

Toujours est-il que pour le moment, je rédige en anglais. en attente des retours critiques de ceux qui auront pris le temps de lire ça.

PS: C'est en feuilleton, je tâcherai de poster la prochaine partie dans moins de 6 mois.
Buvette
Invité
Invité

Feuille de personnage
reroll:

Message par Admin le Mer 1 Mar - 7:51

Au delà de l anglais, tout le monde ne comprendra pas le bien fondé de ce post Wink mais il sera surement utile si c est en insert mithil donc, pour la peine je tacherais de te retirer des auto mails avertissement (si tu postes dans les moins de 6 mois évidement)
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://aiglesdemanwe.guildealliance.com

Message par Falda le Mer 1 Mar - 9:26

Mon anglais est un peu poussiéreux mais le post est sympa ^^
Par contre pour l'argent c'est bizarre (sauf si j'ai mal compris). Je suis d'accord qu'à petit niveau tu n'en as pas beaucoup mais ça n'a jamais été un problème en tout cas.
Mais 100% d'accord avec la réaction quand tu gagne des points Very Happy
Falda
Webmaster
Webmaster

Feuille de personnage
personnage principal: Falda (chasseur 105)
reroll:
Classe principale: Chasseur

Message par Buvette le Mer 1 Mar - 10:15

J'évoque l'argent dans le monde réel, celui qu'on peut gagner en bossant. Et celui que certains n'ont pas faute d'être trop jeune pour travailler ou avoir un compte en banque.
Puis la première fois qu'on déboule dans le jeu, les échecs, les tatonnements et les premières rencontres.
Le dialogue à la fin dynamise le récit dans la mesure où j'ai fait pas mal de digressions au début. Tout s'accélère, le noob prend un peu confiance, n'est plus tout à fait isolé.
Il est prêt à passer à l'étape supérieure, celle où...

Les prochains sujets, toujours liés à la possibilité de jouer gratuitement:
- Les réactions sur les forums officiels des joueurs anti F2P, des no life, des trolls. Les roxxors qui veulent du endgame maousse costaud, les casual gamers qui veulent des cosmétiques pour leur petit poney. Ou l'inverse: des hard core fashion victims, et des casual end game à base de power levelling, et autres dons des valar.
- En parallèle, les événements ingame, les festivals, la pêche comme seul "loisir" (un méta loisir vu que lotro est supposé en être un lui-même).
- La réaction imaginaire des devs et commerciaux chez Turbine (et désormais standing stone) quant aux pratiques des hard core farmers, et les ripostes envisagées contre ce que certains voient comme un fléau.

J'essaierai d'argumenter sur chaque point, en justifiant autant que faire se peut les différents choix que je fais, ou ceux des personnages décrits, qu'ils soient fictifs ou pas. J'essaierai aussi de limiter la caricature dans un registre assez sobre, l'idée n'étant pas de faire une série comique façon compilation de blagues que seuls des geeks pigeraient, mais bien d'informer un maximum les lecteurs, avec des sujets qui peuvent paraitre triviaux mais souvent traités de façon trop succinte sur les wikis et autre forums.

Faire un guide pour optimiser la récolte de points lotro ne doit pas être limité à une simple recette, ce n'est pas le résultat qui compte mais les moyens d'y parvenir, et les raisons.

Mais parce que j'aime bien farmer, et que j'aime partager ce que j'aime, il y aura tout de même un guide pas à pas des points à gagner, jusqu'où aller sans perdre plus de temps qu'on n'en gagne, les différentes stratégies à mettre en oeuvre en groupe, en solo, en multi comptes. Principalement en multi compte et en groupe "pick up" avec partage des infos "in vivo". Rien ne vaut plus qu'apprendre en pratiquant.

J'envisage aussi pour illustrer ce guide de capturer des sessions de jeu pour illustrer certaines parties.
La grosse difficulté technique étant les limitations de mon ordinateur pour enregistrer des vidéos ingame. Sans parler de la "post prod" genre bande son, commentaires, sous-titre, encarts graphique.
Le boulot que ça implique est autrement plus fastidieux que l'utilisation du notepad dont je me suis servi pour rédiger ce premier article.

J'espère que la traduction que je ferai sonnera aussi bien. Si j'ai utilisé l'anglais, c'est surtout parce que j'ai des difficultés en français à rester direct. J'ai un style très lourd, pompeux, ça nuit au dynamisme du propos. Par contre c'est efficace pour jouer les profs chiants et endormir les lecteurs dans le meilleur des cas. En général, ils se barrent si ça saoule trop. Même moi je m'emmerde quand je me relis en français. C'est dire si c'est pas terrible.
Buvette
Invité
Invité

Feuille de personnage
reroll:

Message par Buvette le Mer 1 Mar - 12:05

Voici la traduction du premier tiers de la première partie.

Cet article est un guide sans presque aucune digression pour "Jouer correctement à lotro gratuitement quand on débute".

Vous pouvez jouer à LOTRO soit gratuitement, soit en payant d'une façon ou d'une autre.

Si vous décidez de jouer gratuitement*
*et que vous avez déjà accès à un ordinateur connecté à Internet, avec une version téléchargée du jeu correctement installé sur le dit ordinateur.
Et qu'il vous reste du temps libre que vous consacrerez à y jouer, en espérant en profiter avec des amis. C'est un jeu en ligne massivement multijoueurs après tout.
Vous aurez tout de même à payer à un moment donné. le temps c'est de l'argent, et vous allez probablement en dépenser un peu pour vous procurer du contenu de jeu.

La plus évidente méthode de paiement serait de payer avec une devise du monde réel, telles que le dollar ou l'euro.

Ces devises sont couramment appelées monnaies, et c'est pas donné.
Vous pourriez en gagner en passant du temps à faire des choses diverses, comme:
À construire des maisons, à fabriquer des meubles, à cuisiner dans un restaurant ou à servir des plats dans une brasserie.
À faire pousser des légumes et à vendre votre production aux gens. En écrivant des livres, en dessinant et en peignant, à danser ou à jouer de la musique. Soyez créatif!
À inventer des trucs pour sauver le monde est pas mal si vous êtes dans l'industrie des génies.
Si vous n'avez pas la chance d'être de la catégorie précédente, ce qui est le cas de la plupart d'entre nous, apporter la paix dans le monde est une autre possibilité.
Soldat à l'armée, c'est plutôt dans la catégorie des choix malheureux ou de la malchance, et on peut raisonnablement douter que cette activité soit réellement efficace pour apporter la paix où que ce soit.
Alors que Miss France - bien que les risques soient assez différents - ferait partie des choix exceptionnellement chanceux, mais ça discrimine les gens de genre masculin, soit la moitié de la population.
Si vous avez choisi ce métier, j'en suis heureux pour vous! Qui suis-je pour juger, même si je pense quand même que c'est truqué.
Dévaliser une banque n'est clairement aps une bonne idée, ceci étant illégal dans la plupart du monde. Soyez policier à la place, ou avocat. Dans tous les cas, évitez d'être envoyé en prison, vous n'y auriez que de mauvaises relations.
Et les relations, vous allez en avoir besoin pour jouer à LOTRO.

PREMIER GROS ECUEIL DE TRADUCTION : Bad connections (mauvaises relations/rencontres ou autre sens: mauvaise connexion) et Need to be connected (faut être connecté [pour jouer])

On appelle en général ces activités des boulots, et il n'y en aura peut-être pas en stock quand vous en aurez le plus besoin.
Tous ces boulots pourraient ne pas rapporter la même somme d'argent pour le temps que vous lui aurez consacré.

Pourquoi ne pas dépenser vos revenus gagnés dans le monde réel pour jouer?
Vous pourriez par exemple vous abonner pour un mois et avoir un accès quasiment tout le jeu.
Quasiment? Me demanderiez-vous alors : Parce que beaucoup du contenu demeurera verrouillé tant que vous n'aurez pas mis un peu plus pour le débloquer.
Les extensions ne sont en effet pas incluses dans le jeu de base, mais vous n'aurez à les payer qu'une fois chacune.
Et pourquoi ne dépenseriez vous pas un peu d'argent pour soutenir les producteurs, tous les gens qui créent ce jeu. Pourquoi pas dirais-je, si vous pouvez vous le permettre.
Les développeurs ne se nourrissent pas que de reconnaissance, même si ça les aide certainement pour conserver leur motivation à créer du meilleur contenu.
Il ne faudrait pas oublier que les joueurs "gratuits" participent à la vie dans le jeu, que ça maintient son activité et qu'en fin de compte, ils pourraient payer.
Réduire la population conduirait aussi probablement à une baisse des revenus futurs potentiels à seulement ceux des "classes dominantes" qui paient aujourd'hui, jusqu'à ce qu'il n'y ait plus assez de monde qui contribue et qu'on ferme les serveurs.
Ça ruinerait la vie du jeu. Je suis content que le studio n'ait pas emprunté cette voie, pour le moment.

Il y a quelques raisons à jouer gratuitement. Dans certains cas, vous n'avez pas de carte bancaire, parce que vous êtes trop jeune pour en avoir une, ou même avoir un compte en banque.
Ou bien vous préférez dépenser l'argent que vosu avez gagné pour d'autres trucs.
Ou vous voulez seulement essayer ce jeu dont un gars qu'il était super, avec une communauté géniale, et que vous voulez vérifiez ça par vous même plutôt que de le croire sur parole, mais ne seriez pas prêt à dépenser du pognon avant d'y avoir goûté un peu. Soit.
Si vous êtes au chômage, ça vous laissera plein de temps pour jouer, et c'est une bonne raison de lire ce qui suit plus loin.
Mais tout d'abord, "range ta chambre, et finis tes devoirs! Une fois que c'est fait, vire le chat du clavier, assieds-toi - vire le chat du siège - rassieds-toi, chope la souris et lance le jeu!"

Il était temps : Commençons!

C'est ta première fois? Promis, ça fait pas mal. Pas tant que ça. Faut souffrir pour être belle, mais j'esaierai d'y aller doucement.
Buvette
Invité
Invité

Feuille de personnage
reroll:

Message par Buvette le Dim 5 Mar - 17:59

En ce qui concerne le farming des points LOTRO, plutôt qu'un article fastidieux à rédiger, une démonstration en vidéo est disponible à cette adresse (sur Youtube):

Bon courage à ceux qui voudront la regarder en entier,  elle dure près de 3 heures.

Dernière édition par Buvette le Dim 5 Mar - 19:26, édité 2 fois (Raison : Tentative d'intégration et lien plus court.)
Buvette
Invité
Invité

Feuille de personnage
reroll:

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut